obiectivele unui sistem de management email:
– sa stocheze e-mailuri pentru anuite perioade de timp stabilite
– sa permita distrugere la sfarsitul termenului de pastrare
– sa faca actele usor de regasit…
– … de catre personalul care are aceste drepturi (deci sunt necesare masuri de securitate)
1. If the entity is private (not subject to FOI laws in particular, or heavily regulated on communications, like broker-dealers), then the vast majority of email traffic is either 1) complete junk, or 2) transitory, neither of which require long retention periods. The amount of content that represents “official records” should be small; but if not, that can often be addressed through proper and regular training on why not to use email for certain tasks, and what processes/systems to use instead so capturing records is easier.
2. Email users do not want to leave their email interface in order to manage email so make sure any “profiling” tasks can be done within Outlook (if you ask them to manage it at all … see #3).
3. Application of retention and disposition rules should be transparent to the end user whenever and wherever possible. Strive to automate classification, retention and disposition. It will add a ton of defensibility to your email mgmt program, too, as a result of consistent application of rules.
4. *If* you *must* rely on end-users to classify email, the less choices the better. More than 3-5 in a list of choices and they will just pick the top one or the one that gives them the longest retention period regardless of content …which results in mis-filing and inappropriate application of retention rules.
5. This is the important one … if end users feel that the rules/process is either 1) too onerous, or 2) gets in their way of actually getting their job done, they will create a “black market” and squirrel email away somewhere … which just moves the problem, it doesn’t solve it (and may create new problems). Make sure that your requirements focus on the business first – creating an environment in which the job can get done, not just on creating an ideal governance environment.
(atentie, se aplica cadrului legislativ american!)